Friday 2 June 2017

Tea and Cake Mug Rug


It is five years since The Patchsmith was launched and to celebrate I have decided to revamp my very first pattern to bring it bang up-to-date.
The Patchsmith's first mug rug pattern

I've added a saucer and made the cupcake a little bit simpler.  I think you'll find it very tasty! 
Country Tea and Cake Mug Rug

And if you haven’t yet purchased this functional mini quilt just click on the link below and, for little more than the cost of a candy bar, you can have immediate access to the PDF pattern. 


It is a great stash buster – use whatever fabrics you have to hand.  Make one for yourself, one to gift to a friend and another to keep on hand for a last-minute hostess gift. 
Tea and Cake Mug Rug Pattern.

In the meantime I thought I might share some fun facts throughout this month about how The Patchsmith got started:

Fact no. 1 – the name of my blog came about because my daughter was combining my love of words (wordsmith) with my love of patching.  I am so grateful – having such a unique name means I am easy to find (just Google ‘patchsmith’). 

Until next time .......

6 comments:

  1. Two of my favourite things are right here in this delightful project! I've just purchased the pattern to make up at a handstitching retreat I'm attending next weekend. Thanks as always for so much adorable inspiration, Amanda.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mine too Jan. I use 'afternoon tea' as a sign that my life is on track. If I am too busy to take time out for tea and cake then something has to change. I hope you have a lovely time at your retreat - fabric, fun and friends - it is sure to be a winner. xxxx

      Delete
  2. I still find your mug rugs the cutest! I wish you many more awesome years ahead!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Vera. I too hope there are many more years ahead - full of fabric and fun and friends.

      Delete
  3. Congrats on your 5th blog anniversary. I think I've followed your blog for most of the time, though rarely comment. I like your style of mug rugs and really enjoyed your take on the Splendid Sampler blocks too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Sue - it is lovely to know you are watching. xxx

      Delete